Pre & Aftercare
How to Prepare for your procedure.
For best-healed results and outcomes, you must avoid the following:
• Avoid self-tanning, exposure to sunbeams, and intensive sunshine three weeks before the treatment.
* Botox - no botox four weeks prior in the treatment area.
• Please also wait seven days if you have just completed an antibiotic course.
• No fish oil, vitamin E or natural blood thinners (avoid for 1 week prior).
• Avoid vitamin A/retinol products (1 month prior).
• No waxing or tinting of the brows (2 weeks prior).
1-week before the procedure:
Avoid blood thinners. We need your blood to clot fast to hold the pigment and anesthetic. Therefore, avoid Aspirin, Ibuprofen, etc. If prescribed by a GP, the clients should request a consent letter to stop taking these 48 hours before the treatment.
24 hours before the procedure: Alcohol, Caffeine, Energy Drinks, Spicy food, Garlic, Physical exercise.
Gently exfoliate your eyebrows a few days before the microblading procedure.
• If your skin is dry, regularly apply the moisturizer/balm a few days before the procedure. But not on the day of the procedure.
• Please arrive at the salon on the treatment day with a ‘clean face’ - washed and makeup-free or with very light makeup, and wear a new face mask.
Aftercare for your procedure will be tailored to your skin type and will be explained in more detail on the day of your appointment.
You may experience the following symptoms for the first four days, please note that these are a normal part of the healing process;
Minor swelling and redness
Dry flaking skin, or some scabbing.
Microblading 2 weeks healing period:
For the first week avoid getting eyebrows wet.
Sunbeds, and Direct sunlight.
No sweating in the gym
Jacuzzis/ saunas/ saltwater/ chlorinated pool
No makeup on the brow area (foundation on the forehead)
Eyebrow tinting/waxing/electrolysis/ laser hair removal close to the eye area
No anti-aging creams on the brow area
Do not pick flakes if any appear
Do not scratch the brow area